Located on the north side of Lew Jones Rd. (Route 616), on the very back side of a farm. The driveway/path to the farm is Trotter Lane, which is approx. 0.5 mi. east of Judd Rd. and approx. 0.25 mi. west of Little Deer Rd. (Route 644).
36º 56' 37.1" N (36.943639)
77º 55' 38.2" W (-77.927278)
Pan the map: Hold down mouse button and move
mouse. The map moves with it. Also click pan arrows at top left. Zoom
the view: Use zoom plus/minus buttons or zoom slider at top left. To
see all points of a large feature, zoom out. Change the view:
Click Map, Satellite, Hybrid buttons at top right.
The largest portion of this cemetery is enclosed by a rock wall 2-3 ft tall and approx. 2 ft thick. The section inside the rock wall is approx. 40 x 100 ft.
Field stones and depressions are evidence of other graves inside the rock wall.
1 Jul 1792 —
30 Oct 1856
Married to Agnes T. Manson Dec 19, 1816
Col. Isham Trotter married Agnes Thweatt Manson, CWS f BCV, p. 562. Notes: This stone has broken in half. It seems to be very old and is difficult to read. It is the only inscribed stone inside the rock wall surrounding this portion of the cemetery.
These two “Callis” stones are outside the rock wall about 2-3 ft.